2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, October 29, 2012

Early Voting

Where I live, we are allowed to vote early... So, my husband and I made a date out of it... Lunch out and then we voted!

The line was fairly long, but it only took 20 minutes start to finish. 

I am so thankful to live in a country that, with all it's faults, allows us to choose who will represent us at the local, state and national levels.  This is not true for so many people in this world.  And yet somewhere around 50% of registered voters vote in each election.  I find this mind boggling!

We live in a time when we have access to information about the candidates, their views and their actions.  There is no way we can honestly say that we don't know enough to vote.  And even though we are "busier" than ever, I really think we all have an hour or 2 on Election Day to exercise our rights and vote.

If you live in a state that has Early Voting, then you have even LESS of an excuse to not vote!  Instead of one day, you have several days in which to cast your vote for the candidates of your choice!

In some countries, citizens face possible imprisionment or even death if they even dare to vote... 

In some countries, if you don't vote for the "right" candidate, your vote doesn't count.

In some countries, only one person is on the ballot in each race.... Some voting "right" you have there!

But in America, we can vote, sometimes without even having to show ID (I do NOT agree with that, but that is for another post!) for whomever you want!

I don't know if you're going to be one of the almost 50% of registered voters who isn't going to vote for whatever reason you have.... If you are, then I BEG you to reconsider and to exercise your RIGHT to vote!  I don't care WHO you vote for, that is a personal decision... I care that you VOTE!

You've all heard the saying that if you don't vote, you have no right to complain about who won.... If you don't even bother to participate in the process, you really have no basis to make a complaint.  Your vote, and countless others, could've created a different result!

 So, as Election Day approaches, make plans to VOTE!  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment