2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Sickness....

My body held it together through our adoption Homestudy, Thanksgiving, our Latvian visitor's wonderful 4 week stay, Christmas, 2 kids birthdays, and my husband's 40th birthday and all the surprises that came along with it.

And then it figured out it was ok to collapse....

I've been sick for the last 6 days.

It started with a cold for a few days and just feeling generally lousy.  Then on Monday I felt horrible and since my husband was off anyway, I decided to take advantage of that and I stayed in bed all day.  By lunch time I was starting a fever and was achy all over and tired.  The fever only lasted until sometime over the night but Tuesday I was still feeling bad.  And since it was my husband's last day off before going back on shift, I figured I'd rest up again so that he wouldn't have to take any sick time later in the week (after all, why use any of his 1,800+ sick hours if you don't have to!).  

I thought I was getting better with all of that rest, but when I got back to "real" life on Wednesday and I was worn out!  It didn't help that I got maybe 4 hours of sleep the night before. It also didn't help that I had several friends going through very times and those situations were weighing on me.....  But I made it through the day, even getting to go to church in the evening.

So, I'm pretty sure I have a sinus infection.  I'll be going to the doctor tomorrow to find out for certain and see if there's anything more I can do to clear it up.  Hopefully I'll feel all better by Monday, when we have some very important adoption meetings we can't miss.

One good thing I've found with a sinus infection is that I can easily lose a few pounds!  Even with taking a decongestant consistently, I've got so much dripping mucus that I have little to no appetite and have to force myself to eat.  I don't like feeling rotten, but the side effect of losing a few pounds this week makes it bearable!

So, hopefully I'm on the up side of healing, can get some good meds, and more importantly I'm hoping that my husband doesn't get it.... he's fighting hard, but he's showing symptoms..... Maybe he'll have to give up a few of those 1,800 sick hours after all.....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment