2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

10 Things I Love About My Husband

This is my husband's birthday month.  He turns the BIG 4-0 in just a few days.  In our house, we celebrate more than just on your birth-DAY...... For the kids, we like to celebrate for a weekend or more, I try to get an entire week of celebrating for my birthday and for a BIG birthday such as 40, I think at least a half a month is in order!

We have a LOT of fun and surprises planned.  I'll have to blog about most of them after the fact.  But one thing we are doing is writing 40 things we (the kids and I) love and appreciate about husband/dad on red hearts.  We'll either put them in his lunch cooler to find one morning on his way to work, or we'll hide them throughout the house in places we know he'll look so it can be an ongoing surprise.  Either way, it's a way to celebrate the man we love!


So, here are 10 things that I love and appreciate about my husband!


  1. He is a wonderful PROVIDER: This may come as a shock to you, but Law Enforcement Officers do NOT make a lot of money!  Even with off duty work and a side job, some months are pretty tight.  My husband could've asked me to get a job to help with the budget, but he'd rather work more than he really should so that I can stay home and take care of the house, kids and him.  I often tell him that I was NOT cut out for a job outside the home (my personality, mostly, plus I don't like getting up in the morning!), so I am very thankful that he works hard to provide for our family!
  2.  He is a FAMILY man:  He's not the kind of guy to go golfing on his days off, even though he enjoys playing golf.  He doesn't come home from work and then go out with friends, even though he is well liked & has lots of friends.  He enjoys spending time with us & we appreciate that!
  3. He is CONSISTENT:  We often laugh at how his reaction is usually the same whether he's happy, sad, mad or frustrated.  He doesn't wear his emotions on his face.  The dictionary defines consistent as "constantly adhering to the same principles, course, form, etc".  That is a perfect way to describe my husband!
  4. He is HARDWORKING:  He is one of the most hardworking men I know at a job that is stressful, dangerous, has long hours and is often not appreciated.  He has worked some of the craziest shifts you can think of and has worked at least one 24 hour day straight and is often awake for 24 hours in a row when he begins night shift.  He often goes with less sleep than the little he gets in order to do something with us.  I remember a month about 7 years ago when he worked 30 out of 31 days.  I don't recommend that, but it just showed us how hard he is willing to work so that I can stay home with the kids.
  5. He is TRUSTWORTHY:  His actions match his words.  When he says it, he follows through with doing what he says.  Now, this doesn't happen 100% of the time, but I know that if my husband tells me something, it is the truth and I can rely on it.  I tell him often that I don't believe something just because someone says it, I look to see what they do.  If their actions are not consistent with their words, I don't trust them.  I don't have that problem with my husband.
  6. He is PATIENT:  Those who really know me , KNOW that my husband HAS to be a patient man!  And he IS!
  7. He is a HANDYMAN:  If anything in our house is broken, he can fix it!  If he doesn't know how, he will learn how.  I feel confident knowing that we are saving money by not paying for repairs or upgrades, that he is teaching our son how to take care of his house, & that he will work hard on his days off when sometimes I know he just wants to sit & rest!
  8. He is WELL LIKED:  Everyone likes my husband!  I can see why, because he has such great qualities!
  9. He is HUMBLE:  He is quick to say he's sorry, even when he KNOWS he's not the only one at fault.  He doesn't think he's better than anyone else and I rarely hear him criticize someone else.
  10. He is MY HUSBAND:  I love that he chose ME over every other woman in the world to marry.  Even though there are days I'd like to do over, times when I'm mad at him (and times when he's mad at me!), I wouldn't make any other decision than to marry him again!

We are looking forward to celebrating the 40 years of his life this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment