2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, January 30, 2012

Courageous

As I type, I am watching the movie "Courageous".

By myself...

In my bedroom...

While my husband is at work...

And my kids are in the living room.

My kids are teenagers, so they can handle this movie.  I just knew this was a movie that I needed to watch by myself.  I knew I would.....cry!

I'm not a public crier.  Sometimes, people think that means I just don't cry but that's not true.  I don't cry often, and I'm definitely not comfortable crying in public.  


So, knowing a little bit about this movie, I knew it would be best to watch by myself.  And BOY was I right! 


I may have only gone through one tissue so far, but it is well used.  I've laughed, cried, laughed, cried and now laughed again.


If you haven't seen this movie, do whatever you have to do to see it!  If you are one of my local friends, contact me and you can borrow my DVD.  


When "Courageous" came out in theaters last September, our church gave out free tickets to any first responder that requested tickets.  My husband attended, along with 2 co-workers and their wives.  He said the movie was, in his words, "Excellent".  Now, if you know my husband, you'd know that is a bit out of character for him.  I expected him to say it was "good" or even "very good", but not excellent.  After the movie, our church began a 6 week men's study using the companion book to the movie.  My husband and one of his co-workers attended when their work schedules allowed and the co-worker started bringing his family to church this winter.


Who would think God would use a movie to speak to people, first about marriage in "Fireproof" and now to fathers in "Courageous".  I think sometimes Christians think there are careers that we should not be a part of, such as film making.  I once heard just the opposite.... I heard that we should have Christian actors, Christian athletes (think Tim Tebow), Christian fashion designers and even Christian film makers.  "Courageous" has been seen by a wide audience, not just church goers, and I think this has been good in waking up fathers across America to see that they need to invest themselves in their children's lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment