2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Somebody(s) Getting Older!

My kids have birthdays this week.

Yes, you read that right.  BOTH of my kids have birthdays this week.  My daughter will turn 14 on Friday and my son will turn 16 (oh my!) on Sunday.

We brought my daughter home from the hospital ON my son's 2nd birthday.  I remember that day so clearly.  He was so young and so tired and really had no clue what had come into his life.  And he also was too young to remember life without his sister. 

They've been close from the beginning.  Even in their teen years, when you'd think a brother and sister would grow apart, they are still good friends.  There are days my son needs some time away from his sister and there are days she annoys him on purpose, but for the most part, they have a great relationship. 

My daughter loves soccer, Legos and texting.

My son loves soccer, Legos and watching football.  

They both love serving others and are excited about the upcoming adoption.

We love doing something special with them on their birthdays.  The each get to pick what we eat and what we do on their birthdays.  So, on Friday we are having Hamburgers, Boiled Potatoes with Sour Cream and Ice Cream Sundaes and probably going roller skating.  On Sunday we are having Subway, Doritos and Cake Balls and having a Lord of the Rings movie marathon!  (I don't mind watching those, but I've also been given "permission" to have my book with me in case I get bored....)

I can't believe my "babies" are so grown up!  I can't believe my son "can" (but won't!) get his driver's license this year.....that my little girl is babysitting....that we're thinking about the ACT and the SAT and college and majors.....I'm not sure I'm ready for all of that! 

So, since I'm not quite ready to dwell on how old they are both getting, I'll simply end this post by wishing them BOTH a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment