2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, January 16, 2012

Failure....And Trying Again!

Well, I can tell you that "The Shred" was a complete failure for me!  Not the program, but ME!  I once again failed to complete Level 2 and never came close to starting or finishing Level 3.

Part of it was timing.  The holidays was not the smartest time for me to start an exercise program!  We also had a visitor in our home for a month and while we had a wonderful time with her, we were busier than normal and by the end of the day (when I was hoping to do the exercise program) I was often too tired!

Both my husband and I have 5-10 extra lbs lying around on us that we want to get rid of.  The good news is that it's an amount that we are both able to lose.  The bad news is we're not as young as we once were.  It used to be that I could change my eating habits and lose 5 lbs very easily.  No longer.  Now I must add in exercise and the process still takes much longer.

So, we have a new plan.  Our town has a community center with a small gym and we can join on a month to month basis for a reasonable cost.  We started going last week and hope to only need to do this for 1-2 months and then maintain our exercise/health goals with hiking, walking, jogging etc as the weather improves in the spring.

When my husband is working, there is little chance that he will go to the gym.  His best chance of going is when he has his four days off.  Many times this past year, his 4 days off have not been that.  Sometimes they have been 1 day off.  I'm hoping for this coming month he can go to the gym 2-3 times during those days off.  I plan to go with him probably 2 times and then 2 times on my own when he is working.  The gym is only open Monday-Friday (that's what you get for the cost, but it works well for us) so it will definitely be harder for my husband to find the time to go when he's off on weekends, but with our commitment being by the month, we can figure that part out when it's our reality.


So, my goal is to lose 5 lbs..... 10 lbs would be wonderful, but 5 is where I need to be.  I need my jeans to fit without feeling like I'm going to bust out of them.  I know some of you will roll you eyes that I'm complaining about an extra 5 lbs and I understand that.... But if I don't nip this 5 lbs, it could grow even more and I'm not wanting to go there.......

An added benefit beyond exercise will be getting to spend some time with my husband!  At the very least we have 10 minutes in the car on the way to the gym and 10 minutes coming home and if I can get that 2-3 times a week, I'll be happy!


So, once again I'm hoping for some accountability now that I've put this out there for anyone to see.

* Update:  I went to the gym 5 times last week!  I can only go 2 times this week, and I hope to go at least 3, maybe even 4 times, a week for the remainder of the time on our month membership.....  I can't believe that I am saying that I feel GREAT when I have gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment