2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Thursday, January 5, 2012

2011- Looking Back

Since I blogged about my goals for 2012, I thought it was also appropriate to take a look back at the events of 2011 and to see how God brought us through a wonderful, busy, crazy year!

January:  We ended our hosting experience with the kids we thought we were going to adopt, but it turns out God had other families in mind for them.  My husband dealt with the suicide of his Lt, as well as having to investigate it (the bad part about doing your job well is you get picked for jobs such as this....).  We celebrated the kids birthdays.  All in all, a bittersweet month.

February:  BIG changes- my husband got promoted and began a new schedule.  After 4 years of almost normal, we returned to crazy.

March:  We had lots of fun on a family trip to the mountains!  What a nice break from the craziness of the previous 3 months!

April:  I can sum up this month with three words: birthday, broken wrist, and beach!  My daughter broke her wrist on my birthday and we spent a few days at the beach that same week.

May:  Another trip to Charleston to visit some good friends.  Every time I go, I don't want to come home.  I'm pretty sure it's the good company, but the beautiful area doesn't hurt either!  (Can't wait to go back in 2012!)

June:  Another trip to the mountains (half the week was just the kids & I until my husband finished his shift and joined us).  I also spent some time planning for school while the kids volunteered at a church sports camp.

July:  We had a wonderful 2 weeks hosting Yana from Ukraine and showing her around the state.  We love that we can still keep in touch with her through email!

August:  We finished 48 hours of foster care/adoption classes, not realizing we would soon need to complete an additional 24 hours of classes.  But at least the ball was rolling.....

September:  This month can best be described with school (we were in full swing by this point), soccer (I love my kids' homeschool soccer team!), and State (football, that is...off duty work began for my husband...).

October:  My anniversary, State Fair off duty work for my husband, but the BEST thing the entire month was getting to Skype with Maria, who had just joined her forever family in America!  We are so happy to be able to keep in touch with her and her new family!

November:  Homestudy Complete!  We love our social worker....she's awesome and she knows what she's doing... We're looking forward to spending more time with her in 2012.

December:  Zana!  We had the privilege of spending 3 1/2 weeks with this wonderful woman from Latvia.  We laughed, played soccer, played games, shopped, and so much more.  She fit in to our family and we loved every minute of our time with her!

These were just a few of the highlights of this year.  There are many, many more memories of good times and hard times.  I'm looking forward to seeing what God has in store for us this year, but more importantly I'm looking forward to seeing how He will grow and change me through it all.

A few things I'm looking forward to for 2012 are seeing what child will join our family, getting to welcome a special young man into his forever family in NJ, and seeing my son get his driver's license.....  And continuing to blog about it all and more!

What memories do you have of 2011?

No comments:

Post a Comment