2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Stack of Books

I've got a stack of books that I'd love to read this summer.  I think perhaps I've set myself up to fail because I can't remember the last time I read 8-10 books in 3 months.... So maybe I'll extend that timeframe out a little into the new school year and get some reading done while I wait on soccer games to start.....

So here's my really eclectic list of books I'm planning on finishing in the next 4-6 months.....



  • The Fitting Room: Putting on the Character of Christ by Kelly Minter.  I am reading this over the summer and meeting with 3 friends at the park each week while we go over what we've read, answer the questions in the back of the book, and challenge each other to live out what we've learned.
  • The Excellent Wife by Martha Pearce.  I'm reading this with another friend.  We meet every other week to talk about what we've read and to talk about the struggles we might be having that week and apply what God says about wives to our marriages.
  • The Truth About Islam by Anees Zaka & Diane Coleman.  The kids and I are going to be studying world religions this year, so I want to read up on Islam and contrast it with Christianity so hopefully this book will be helpful in that way.  
  • World Religions & Cults 101 by Bruce Bickel & Stan Jantz.  This will also be a big help in our study of world religions this coming year.  I strongly believe that Christians need to know about other religions so that we can share our faith in a more effective way.
  • Authentic Spiritual Mentoring by Larry Kreider.  I am a third of the way through this book and it's been good so far.  My goal is to finish the entire book this summer and possibly even review the beginning part...
  • The Busy Homeschool Mom's Guide to Romance by Heidi St. John.... This one is pretty self explanatory.....
  • Not a Fan by Kyle Idleman.  This book has been recommended by a few of my friends.  The back of the book says that it will "challenge you to consider what it really means to call yourself a Christian."
  • Adopted for Life: The Priority of Adoption for Christian Families & Churches by Russell D. Moore. I have a feeling I'll blog more about that book while I'm reading it.
  • The Ambition by Lee Strobel.  I had to throw a "just for fun" book in there somewhere!
  • The Big WHAT NOW Book of Learning Styles by Carol Barnier.  At some point we will be homeschooling "the boy".  Until that day comes, I want to learn all I can on how he can best learn and I think this book will be a BIG help in that area.



I'll post an update when summer is ending so we all can see how many books I actually read and what I thought of them!

 

1 comment:

  1. Good for you! Those look like pretty interesting picks. Especially the Islam religion one.

    ReplyDelete