2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, June 4, 2012

Homeschool Conference

Our family went to our state's Homeschool conference last week.

Usually, just my husband and I go.  We use it as a nice weekend to get away, regroup from the previous school year, spend time with another couple we are friends with, be encouraged by the speakers and have fun buying new curriculum for the coming school year!

We didn't go last year but when we saw the list of speakers for this year, we knew we needed to go back.  And we decided to bring our teens with us!

So, this year was the start of a few years of going to the conference as a family.  We spent our time differently, but we were still encouraged and we still had fun!

So, what did I learn at the Homeschool conference?

  • "Your marriage represents the front lines of defense in your home, mom. The enemy knows that if he can take out your marriage, he's got a better shot at your kids.  Guard your marriage as though your kid's lives depended on it. In many ways, they do." (Heidi St John in a session called "The Busy Mom's Guide to Romance")
  • If you can't get away with your husband for 24 hours (preferably more) without children, your marriage is in trouble!  At some point you'll be an empty nester and you have to know your spouse! (Voddie Baucham)
  • If you are "too tired" to be intimate with your husband, you have a priority problem, not an energy problem.  Rearrange your priorities to have time and energy for your husband!  (Voddie Baucham)
  • Carol Barnier is hilarious!
  • John Stonestreet made too many though provoking points to boil it down to one or two for me to post.  And, he's a nice guy!  (Both me and my husband were able to meet him and chat for a few minutes)
  • All those visits with my dad to his office in NYC growing up paid off in navigating the crowds and getting to where I needed to go.  I call it "catching the subway" which just means I'm on a mission and I'll walk fast and pass people to get there! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment