2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

"Good" Morning?!

I am NOT a morning person!  I never have been and I think I never will be.  

You will not see me spring out of bed before the sun comes up in the morning.  I know there are people who can do that, but that is not me!

But I have created a problem in letting my lack of need to go to sleep early take over my schedule.  You see, I'd rather go to bed around 11:30pm.  I don't have little kids who wake up early or children that need to get up early in the morning to go to school.  So, I figure there's no reason for me to get to bed before 11pm.

It doesn't help that Rich's schedule this year, and especially in October, has allowed me to stay up late.  When he is working nights, there is no one telling me to get to bed.  When he is working days, he has to get up early and works long hours so he falls asleep before I do.  I'm allowed to stay up late.

I think I need to make a few changes.  I don't have to jump out of bed at 5:30am, but I do need to be awake and ready for the day at a more reasonable hour than I am doing now.  But it's hard to get to sleep at a reasonable hour when you're not tired because it's the time of day you are most awake!

My sister mentioned to me last week that I should walk or jog in the mornings to feel energized for the rest of the day.  I'd gladly do that, if only I could have the energy to get up out of my bed!  For a little while over the summer, I would walk at 7:30am with 2 friends who live about a mile away.  It's a great concept, but it's easy to talk yourself out of doing that especially if it means getting up at 7am in the summer!  If anyone in my household was a morning person and would go jogging with me, I think I'd try it out again.  Matthew's less of a morning person than I am, Julia doesn't have an interest in jogging (not that I do either!), and there's no way I'm going to ask Rich to get up any earlier than he does now!

So, I'll just have to set a new nighttime routine.  Even getting to be 30 minutes earlier would help.  Or I could set myself a morning wake up goal and find someone to hold me to it.  Maybe that could be one of my New Year's Resolutions?!  (I've had a few of those that have succeeded and many that have not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment