2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, March 12, 2012

10 Days Passed....

I just realized it's been 10 days since I posted on this blog.....

Apparently my last post, titled "Overwhelmed" was fairly accurate.  Not once during those 10 days did I think of this blog.  I didn't wonder what I should write about and I certainly didn't make time on my calendar to write any posts......

We did get some things done in that 10 days, though.  We (meaning my husband) painted our son's room and then the kids switched rooms.  Now, the boys will have the larger room with the bunk beds and our daughter will have the smaller room and the loft bed.  (It's still strange to say "the boyS" since we haven't yet added that second boy to our family....but soon enough we will!)

I also finished the book I was reading on the Workbox System and am looking forward to incorporating that system with the new addition to our family.  I think it's going to be very helpful for all of us.... There are still lots of details to be worked out as far as finding out the things that work well with him for school, but thankfully we have the entire summer to figure that all out and I've got some wonderful friends in my Homeschool group who are ready to help me out in any way they can.

My husband and I spent 7 (yes, seven) hours running errands together one afternoon last week.  While that DOES count in my mind as a "date", I am still checking (and double checking) the calendar for a dinner date night before he goes on a mission trip with our son later this month.

I've spent time with friends this month too.  We had a young couple over for dinner last week and enjoyed getting to know them better.  The kids and I also spent time with a new friend and her young children over the weekend, enjoying our beautiful weather at a local park.

There are only 2 Sunday evening classes left in the Proverbs 31 class I'm taking with a friend at church.  Having studied this passage a few times before, I am continually surprised at how I think I know enough and yet I am learning more new things this time than the last time.  I'm thankful for our teacher and her in depth, yet practical way of teaching and how she gently challenges us in our roles as wife.

My biggest "issue" to deal with is technically not that big of a deal, yet still something I haven't quite mastered.  You'll probably roll your eyes when you see that I consider this a problem..... But we've reached the point in my husband's rotating shifts where his days off fall during the week.  That means when the kids are doing school, he's off.  When we're off on the weekends, he's working.  I know that's a fairly easy problem to have and I do understand that.  The problem we run into is that both kids are in high school level work and we just can't take off during the week and then make up the work on the weekends.  Sometimes we have the need to do that, but it doesn't work every time.  

So, over this past year that my husband has been back on rotating shifts, we've struggled through figuring out how to manage his part of the shift.  For the most part, we've fallen into a rhythm that is working, as long as I constantly remember to keep my big mouth shut!  I realized three times last week (all three times I realized too late!) that just because I can say something to my husband does not mean I should!  There's a time, a place, and a tone and I failed at all three of those, all three times!

So, just as it is hard for husbands to be gone traveling all week, or on a crazy work schedule, it is just as hard for him to be home for 4 days during the week.  Maybe one day I'll figure that out better.....although God is showing me ways I can improve.

** There should be a big blog post coming early next week with more adoption update information!

No comments:

Post a Comment