2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, March 26, 2012

What A Week!

I think we have lived through one of the strangest weeks we've had in this family in quite a long time!


Last Sunday started off great.... we went to Sunday School and church as a family, attended a mission trip meeting, and then ran some errands.  I was able to upgrade my phone to a smartphone (that actually works!  I had a horrible experience with my first smartphone a year ago) and I was enjoying my pretty new phone.  We came home with just enough time to grab something to eat before the kids and I headed back to church and my husband headed off to work. 


He was suppose to work 6pm-midnight but if I've learned nothing else these years, I've learned there's no such think as "suppose to".  He got home from work at 3am.


Monday was interesting too.  I started my morning by spilling some coffee on my laptop, causing it to completely shut off.  We tried drying it out and it still wouldn't turn on.  Unfortunately, my "tech" guy (my wonderful husband) was working a weird shift, noon-midnight, so he didn't have a chance to take a look at it.  So, I could check email and Facebook on my pretty new phone and I was happy.


Tuesday was normal enough.... We had an early dinner (1:30pm) and my husband headed to work at 3pm, hoping to be home by 3am.  Around 8:30pm, I got the phone call.  He had hit a deer.  He was fine, but the deer was dead.  So, he ended up coming home around 12:45am to unload all of the important stuff out of his car so he could bring it in to be repaired.  I thought it would be fun, since I was awake anyway, to go outside in the middle of the night to take a look at the damage.  Busted headlight, cracked bumper and a bunch of deer hair was able to be seen.... Nice... Needless to say, I didn't get much sleep until 3:45am when my husband was home and ready to sleep.


Wednesday was a blurr.  I don't remember much, which probably means nothing too bad happened.


Thursday was my husband's day off from work and he had plans to go to a friend's house to help with some stuff.  Instead, he ended up in a work meeting for a few hours that afternoon.  The kids and I decided to go and help instead.  Later that evening, we had dinner at the house of some longtime friends of ours.  My husband and I didn't realize until around 12:45am that we had full caffeine coffee after 9pm that night and sleep wasn't happening for us just yet!  Two nights in one week to get to sleep after 1am is tough when you're our age!


Friday is one of my favorite days of the week.  The kids and I were able to go to a nearby park with our Homeschool group to pass out water bottles with some Easter related Scripture attached to it.  Who would've thought that park would've been so crowded!  It took me 30 minutes to find a parking space, but the group was able to pass out over 100 water bottles, planting a seed in these people's lives in telling them who Jesus is.  My husband spent the entire day helping our friends with fixing up their house.  It was great to see the progress they've been making! Later that evening, that family came over for dinner..... Six energetic kids and 4 tired parents still end up having lots of laughs and fun!


Saturday was yet another interesting day.  We left the house around 9am and headed to the Zoo to meet up with "the boy" and we were able to spend a few hours walking around the park, eating a $54 not too tasty lunch and finishing up our time with him with some ice cream and milkshakes at Chick Fil A.  We got home in just enough time to change clothes and head out to a mission trip potluck dinner with the rest of the team and we got back home just after 9pm.


I consider us normally pretty normal people, with fairly uneventful lives.  We don't try to cram too much excitement into one day or one week.  It just seems that is how this past week worked out for us.  Boy, did we have fun!  We sure worked hard!  And we spent time with a bunch of wonderful people!



1 comment:

  1. I'm exhausted just reading about it! 2 night of very little sleep and I wouldn't have been able to function that weekend! :) As long as you're having fun ... !!! :) :)

    ReplyDelete