2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, April 23, 2012

BIrthday Week!

Several years ago, I started a wonderful new tradition related to my birthday.... It's called birthday WEEK!

I schedule Spring Break during my birthday week so I don't have to think about school.

I have learned over the years to plan take out for the dinner menu instead of asking my husband and kids to cook!  :)

So this year, we started the week with a fun family day on Monday....

Tuesday brought my friend and her children to my door in the morning with some Bo-Berry Biscuits!

Wednesday I did absolutely NOTHING in celebration of my birthday... We had Chinese Food for dinner and Carvel Cake for dessert.

Thursday, my kids' friends slept over while my husband was working.  My daughter's friend makes AWESOME cupcakes, so she brought some (and some jelly beans as a present!) to continue the celebration.

Friday, "the boy" came for a visit... The funny thing about that is that his foster mom and I share a birthday.  I also slept in that morning.

Saturday was wonderful because I got to do some shopping with my birthday money AND I had lunch with one of my very best friends.  You can't beat that.  Plus, my husband should've been on night shift but took the weekend off.  NICE!

All in all, it was a great birthday week!  I'm already looking forward to my BIG birthday next year... I'm thinking a vacation will be in order!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment