2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Family Fun Day!

One thing I LOVE about Homeschooling is that we can set our school calendar.  So, since my birthday is in April, I always schedule our Spring Break for the week of my birthday.

Once I saw the weather forecast for last Monday, I knew what we needed to do.  No school, my husband was off of work, and the temperature was suppose to be in the mid 80's.... We were headed to the BEACH for the day!

We're close enough to the beach to make a day trip out of it.  We leave by 8:30am and return home around 11pm.  Since both my husband and I went to college very close to the beach we visit, we have a whole list of traditional places we go to every time we are there.

We start with lunch at our favorite beach restaurant....  Next is several hours on the beach, including a nice walk with my guy.... Then we go back to our college.... This time we included a visit with our former Criminal Justice professor.... It was nice making him feel old, now that we have 2 teenagers!  Next was a dinner stop at a place we frequented while in college.... And we followed it up with ice cream with our friends from college and their 3 kids.... 

We had to make a side trip to Target for some aloe for our sunburn.... (SHH, don't tell my mom we forgot to use our sunscreen!)  And then another stop for some coffee....

All in all, it was a great trip.... Some good family time together after a crazy few months.... And a wonderful way to begin my birthday week!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment