2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Friday, April 13, 2012

Ukraine in Pictures

Since it was my husband and son who went to Kiev, Ukraine on the 10 day mission trip, I thought I'd let my son choose what pictures to post as well as make the comments on the pictures.  Maybe I can also convince him to do a guest post with more info about the trip!


Enjoy!



The plane we flew in for the 9-hour flight from Newark, NJ to Frankfurt, Germany

The Kiev Theological Seminary, where our group of 18 stayed during the trip 

There are old apartment buildings everywhere you look in Kiev!

A monument at a park in Kiev. The eyes are looking towards a nearby church and the statue itself is facing Moscow, Russia. On the shield is the symbol of communism.

A Russian Orthodox monastery in Kiev

Some of the people from the church our group (Rich, Evan, Matthew, & Caleb) visited on the Sunday we were in Ukraine
Left to Right- Ruslan, Sveta, Rich, Ruslan, Zhena, Matthew, Caleb, Evan
The five of us were one of four or five groups who did street evangelism for a couple hours in front of some dorms.
Left to Right- Sveta (our translator for the day), Rich, Stefanie, Evan, Matthew



Rich & Sergey (the pastor of an evangelical church in Kiev)

Playing basketball with some of the local kids

No comments:

Post a Comment