2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Friday, May 4, 2012

Update on 2012 Goals

The other day, I was looking back through past blog posts and came across what is now the most viewed post I've written.  It was my list of goals for 2012.

So that got me a little nervous.... I put that list out there for accountability and now I feel that I'll have to report at the end of the year how I did.  I do hope that at least one person who has read that post will actually ask me how I did with my goals.

So, I thought that since we are a third of the way through the year, I'd do a little self-check on how I'm progressing so far with my list of goals.....

1. Read through the Bible in a year:  I'm on track with this!  There have been days I've fallen behind, but I've always been able to catch back up.  It has been very interesting reading the Bible this way.  I look forward to the books that I have never read as well as those I've read many times.  A-

2. Read more:  While I haven't completed all the books on my original list to read, I have been reading.... "The Excellent Wife" with the woman I am mentoring, "Authentic Spiritual Mentoring" and "I Love a Cop".  It's taking me longer than usual to get through books these days, so I need to be more deliberate in actually scheduling reading time and then following through on the reading instead of watching another rerun of "Law and Order" or being on Facebook.  B

3. Exercise:  I have done HORRIBLY at this goal.  For about 4 weeks in January and February, I had a regular workout routine and did great.  Since then, we've eaten out more (LOTS of time on the road!) and I've not made it a priority.  But with my son starting his training for fall soccer and my husband wanting to get back into running, I guess I'll have some motivation to get moving as well....  And "perfect" timing too- right as the heat of the season is starting!  :(  D

4. Marriage and Family:  I had several sub-goals in this category...  Monthly date nights have gone well, although we truly didn't have time for one in April.... It's the time of year to start making changes relating to Homeschool with the planning time for the coming school year approaching.  I see a few minor changes on the horizon for the kids' school, which will add to an already crazy schedule.  We haven't had our Family Game Nights, so it's time to start those up again!  It's just been hard with my husband's schedule and visits from "the boy", who is not a game night kind of kid.  Excuses, excuses, I know!  We have been listening to a book or 2 on CD, so we have success in that area!  And now that a friend gave us a basketball goal, we've spent more time outdoors as a family.  B-

5. Ministry:  I've done horribly in one of my mentoring relationships and pretty well in the other.  The latter was in a crisis, so I had to devote more time to that one.  I will have to work harder with the former relationship, although we have talked and she understands!  The LEOW ministry has gotten off the ground but is slow moving, both due to the time I can put into it and the response from the wives.  But, I'm not about numbers so I will wait on God's timing in this area.  For the family mission trip, we sadly decided we can't go this year.  The timing is bad with "the boy's" permanent transition to our home and we still owe some money for the guys' Ukraine trip, so we're hoping it works better to go next year!  We're just thankful our church has this opportunity!  B+

So, overall I'd say I've done ok with my goals so far.  It was good to do an assessment to see where I need to improve so I can put a plan in place (can you tell I'm a planner?!) and start back to working towards these goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment