2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Friday, December 16, 2011

Adoption Update

(Technically, this IS an adoption update, but bear with me as I go through several other topics to get there....)

Wow, life has been busy this week!

We went to the airport 3 hours away on Sunday to pick up the Latvian woman staying with us for the coming month.  We arrived home around 12:30am and I got to sleep around 2am.  I remember telling my husband somewhere around midnight that I don't know how he functions on his first night of night shift with so little sleep!  I could hardly keep my eyes open after waking up at 8:30am, which is just about when he wakes up for that first night of work.  Crazy....

I was home a total of 1 hour the first day Zana was with us....Not very hospitable of me, but I had plans already and thankfully my parents came over to visit, the kids were home and Rich was able to arrange his work schedule to be home at dinnertime.

Tuesday, we spent the day at home, sleeping in and getting settled.  My husband was working 2 "nights" of 3pm-3am, which is just crazy.  Wednesday, we had appointments, lunch out and errands.  So, we saw my husband Tuesday when he left for work around 3pm and we saw him again when he woke up around lunchtime on Thursday.  Thankfully, this is not his normal schedule.  If it was, I would not be a happy camper!

OK, here is the adoption update!  I think it was Tuesday when I started thinking that I should email our social worker to see our status and then also find some time to give her a list of kids we're interested in learning more about.  So I was happy to see a letter in the mail that day saying we had been approved for adoption!  Of course, our foster care licensure is still being processed, but there is no chance of having kids placed with us in the next few months so we will patiently wait for our foster care license.

Now I need to find the time to send an email to our social worker with the list of kids.  In the meantime, our information is on a website, waiting to be matched with children.  Also, there are social workers throughout the state that can and will contact our social worker with information on children to see if she has a family that would match well.  So, we'll see how we progress!

I'm sure things will move slowly.  That's ok, because we have such a busy first half of the year coming up.  3 BIG birthdays within the first 6 weeks, several trips, and just life in general.  Then before I know it, it will be time to start planning for the next school year.

I'll continue to update on the progress of the adoption as well as on anything exciting (or maybe even boring!) going on around here......

 

No comments:

Post a Comment