2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, December 5, 2011

Starting to Shred

My arms are shaky even as a type this.....

I just did Day 1 of The 30 Day Shred.  

I'm a big fan of The Biggest Loser.  We look forward to Tuesday nights where we watch people work out for hours while we sit on the couch eating snacks.  And I plan in my head when I'm going to start exercising again.  Usually I never follow through.

I blogged a few weeks ago about wanting to train for an October 5K and not being able to do that.  I think I may have even mentioned about planning to train for a spring 5K.  Then "it" started again....the ankle aches!

18 years ago, I had reconstructive surgery on my ankle.  I had sprained it severely my sophomore year in college and completely tore all the ligaments.  I had surgery the following summer.  I've had little to no problems ever since.  Until last winter, when it started aching for no reason.  I mentioned it to my doctor and she thought there could be some osteoarthritis going on due to the original injury.  I thought maybe it was stress from all we had going on last December and January.

Then the colder weather of this November arrived and the ache started again.  My doctor had suggested not running because that is harsh on my joints, but I don't have much else I can do for free......  Except that I already own The Shred.....

So, I made a schedule.  For those who know me, they are not at all surprised.  I do find that when I have a detailed schedule, I am more likely to follow through.  So, even though it's the "30 day" Shred, I should be finished with it (7 days at each of the 3 levels) by January 6th!  Just over 30 days is pretty good for me!  If I can actually accomplish this, maybe I'll be more likely to continue with some form of exercise a few days a week in 2012.

Now that it's out there and people can hold me accountable, maybe I'll actually do it.  So, feel free to check on me a few times this coming month to see if I'm keeping up with it and if I am truthfully crossing it off my schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment