2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Preparation

I can feel it.....  God's preparing me for whatever might come this next year.

Who knows what it's for....Adoption, maybe?  Could be.... But I've learned in the past year that MY plans may not be HIS plans, or just not in His timing.

We've had to stretch ourselves this past week, as well as this coming week.  Stressful days at work for my husband, working 16+ hours one of his shifts..... Extra kids in the house one night...... Hosting friends for dessert, along with a friend of my son..... Hosting a woman from Latvia whom we've never met before.....Christmas, New Year's, crazy work schedule.....Lots to do, lots of noise, lots of change!

I normally don't do well with change.  I like to know my schedule, my plans.  And even as I think of all that has gone on and all that will happen in the next month, my stomach is in knots.  But instead of letting that take over, I find myself remembering that God is preparing me....for more noise, more kids, more change, and in turn more of HIM!  Because without more of HIM in my life, I can't handle more noise, more kids and more change!

There is so much we want to do next year.  A foreign mission trip for my husband and son, maybe even a family mission trip as well.  We have trips "planned", special birthdays to celebrate and in the middle of it all we will be in the matching process for adoption.  We've heard that can take a while, and we're prepared to wait.  But I think we're also ready for an addition to our family and all the noise, change, challenge and fun it will bring into our lives!

The "good" things of adoption and mission trips, homeschool and vacation may be what are my plans for next year, but unless God wants us to do these things, we are planning in vain.  In order for me to know if these things are in God's plan, I need to make time to be still and know what He wants us to do.  I need to listen and read.

As these days, weeks, and months come and the noise, change, stress and challenge comes with it, I will remind myself of this:


Philippians 4:6-7  “Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.”

No comments:

Post a Comment