2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

We're Having Fun!

WOW!  What a 10 days it's been!

I feel like we've been going non-stop, but we've been having fun!

Zana arrived from Latvia on Sunday December 11th.  She's a chaperone with New Horizons for Children and we decided to host her for the month that she's in America.  

The kids did their best to get their schoolwork finished during the last week of school before Christmas Break started.  Adding a new person into our home takes some adjusting, even when the person is a wonderful as Zana.  The kids have done very well and I can see they are also being prepared for the addition of their new sibling(s) hopefully this coming year.

We've done a lot of fun things in the 10 days since Zana has been with us: Playing Dutch Blitz, making S'mores in our firepit, going to an Elf Party (she loved it!), seeing half of the Nutcracker Ballet (free!), going to see a movie at the $1.50 theater, making Christmas cookies, watching football, going to church and a special Christmas program, opening Christmas presents, playing soccer several days, making homemade ice cream and helping Zana make dinner one night!  And that's just some of the things we've done!

I find myself getting (almost) everything done while adding in these others things and sleeping very well at night from being tired.  My days are not normally this full, so it's nice (although I think I need a day to do nothing soon!) to have so much to do.  I can imagine this will be close to what it's like in adding a child to our family, although the house will be louder and there will be a bit more stress when that happens, I think.


No comments:

Post a Comment