2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Decorations in Pictures

Here is our decorating experience in pictures.....


The stuff for the living room tree and the outdoor wreathes....



Time to move the bookshelf to make room for the tree....



My daughter asked for some slice and bake tree cookies to eat while we decorated the tree....



The failure tree.... Only 1/3 of the lights worked and since it was a pre-lit, it needed to be thrown out and a new tree purchased.  Fun.... 



The new tree looks a lot like the old tree, except the lights DO work!  ;)



The first ornament to be placed on the tree!



Our "Places" tree- with ornaments from the places we've been.... Disney, Williamsburg, Charleston, The White House, Mt Vernon, Jamestown, Cape Cod, just to name a few!



Our stockings, along with some nativities on the mantle....



A "Police" tree for my husband!  Blue lights and police ornaments....and the only Sheriff decoration we've ever seen, given to us by a friend!



A few more nativities on the piano....



I had a small tree and a place for it, so it's in my kitchen!



All decorated and lit!



The tree in my daughter's room....



The tree in my son's room....



I have to have one Poinsettia in my house for Christmas!


There you have it... 6 lit trees, a bunch of nativities (and believe it or not, less than in years past- I only bring out the ones I really like), lots of lit garland (inside and out!) and we're done decorating for Christmas!  Now to put on some Christmas music (I've got some great Christmas playlists on Spotify- Third Day, Michael W Smith, Mandisa and Toby Mac!) and enjoy the house!

No comments:

Post a Comment