2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Friday, October 7, 2011

Another Year has Come and Gone....


Tomorrow is my anniversary! 


Once again, Rich is working on our anniversary, but that's ok with me because it's not about spending that day together.... We do like to go on dates each month, but we always make an effort to have a special anniversary dinner sometime near the actual date. 

We're hoping for a fairly low-key anniversary date, especially compared to last year, when Rich was the lead investigator in a murder case that began the day before I had some surprise anniversary plans for him..... And understandably, his line of work doesn't stop for my anniversary surprise!  He was able to work 24 hours in a row so that he could come home (on his day off, but that also doesn't matter in his line of work!) and we celebrated our anniversary.

This year we celebrated in a much more low key way.  Rich had the day off and did a few things around the house, the kids and I did school and then we watched them play in a soccer game.  Julia hurt her ankle and a teammate dislocated his elbow, but other than that, we had a good time!  ;)  Thankfully, this year our home soccer field is 5 minutes from my parents house so they came to watch the game as well and then took the kids out for dinner while I went home to get ready for our anniversary dinner.

This year, we decided to go back to The Angus Barn.  We are not ones to try somewhere new to eat, especially to take the chance that it might not be very good and then feel that we've wasted all that money.  The Angus Barn is consistently excellent and we have lots of great memories from eating there over the years for birthdays, anniversaries and just for fun!


Now, back to my anniversary thoughts.....  Who would've thought all those years ago (16, to be exact) that this is where we'd be today?  Now, I'm not talking about the house we have or the career Rich is in.....  I'm talking about how much we've grown and all the situations God has brought us through.  There are way too many to list, but I can imagine that those of you reading this who are married know exactly what I'm talking about.  


There was a point in my marriage where I finally realized that it can't be about two people living together but for themselves......It has to be two people working together, living for God and serving each other.  That is what will get you through the hard times that WILL come your way.


So, I guess it's very appropriate that Rich is working on our anniversary....cause that is just how he is- ready to do what needs to be done to be the leader and provider of our family.  I'm so glad he's the one God had in mind for me to spend my life with!  



No comments:

Post a Comment