2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Time Has Come!

The free-for-all has come to an end... 

The time has come for a CHANGE!  It's time to get back into exercising and eating right!

I had been doing well.  I was using the Couch 2 5K program to train for an October 5K.  My Fall schedule got in the way of those plans.  I stopped jogging and didn't care as much about eating a healthy diet.  Our schedule wasn't conducive to eating right and exercising- at least that was the excuse I was using!

So, now that the schedule has calmed down with the end of the soccer season and Rich being able to be home a little more now that the Fair is over for the year, I can focus a little more on my eating and exercising.  I am not self motivated to exercise, so it will help that Rich will jog with me, or at least be jogging while I'm jogging.  I'm hoping to jog at least twice a week and have one other active day where I either do an exercise video (if I can stand to embarrass myself, I might ask one of my kids to do that with me to help motivate me!) or go hiking somewhere local.  Anything to get me moving and active again!

We normally don't eat out much each month.  I figure that we probably do take out twice a month at the most, plus a Date Night dinner out.  So to have a 2 month period of time where we ate out 5 or 6 times in a month is bothersome to me.  I don't like spending that much money on dining out, but I certainly don't like adding those calories to my daily intake!   I'm hoping that cutting back to eating out once or twice a month, plus being careful about my snacking at home, will be enough to help on the eating end.

My goal in laying my plan out there is to have some people to hold me accountable.  Since you know my plan, maybe you'll ask me how I'm doing sometime in the next 2 months?  

No comments:

Post a Comment