2 Corinthians 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."

Monday, October 10, 2011

Mom's Night

Proverbs 27:17 "As iron sharpens iron, so a man sharpens the countenance of his friend."

Once a month, the women in the Homeschool I am a part of meet at one of our homes for a "Mom's Night".  We are a small group of approximately 9 families, so it is easy to get to know all of the moms.  This monthly time together is very special, as we use it to encourage each other in our homeschooling journey, as well as have fun and eat some good food!

Tonight is my turn to host Mom's Night at my house.  Rich is working and the kids will watch a movie in their rooms while the moms hang out in the living room and kitchen.  I'll make a dessert and have some coffee and hot cider available.  I've asked another mom to facilitate a fun game she has recently learned.  Usually, we'll have a topic to discuss or have an activity to do.  

This is where I'm stumped this month.  With all we've had going on these past few weeks, I haven't had the time to sit and think of what we should talk about.  I know that may sound funny to some, who know that there will not be a lack of conversation with a room full of women!  But because this is not just a time "away from our families" but a productive time, we like to have a topic to discuss to keep our conversation positive and on target.

In the past we've talked about curriculum options, Christmas traditions or a review of how the Homeschool Conference was.  We have a Christmas party with an ornament exchange and an end of year dinner out.  We have several creative moms in our group so I know we will have a few months where we will do some kind of craft.

I think maybe tonight we will talk about how we can encourage our husbands in their role as the leader of our home, as fathers to our children, and as our partner in life.  Knowing all of these moms for several years, I know they each have unique ways of encouraging their husbands, as well as ways they struggle in that area.  As the above verse from Proverbs tells us, the women in our group are there to "sharpen" each other so that we can do a better job as wives, mothers and home educators.

I am thankful for each of the women in the group that God has brought into my life and has used to encourage me and who prays for me often.  I'm looking forward to spending more time with them this evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment